Thursday, July 12, 2012

Homemade Cool Whip

Pin It

As a kid, I remember eating Cool Whip out of the container.  It tasted so good and was very addicting, especially when no one (I don't think, especially my mom) knew....I could be wrong...she never said anything! lol  After realizing all the different things I can make with heavy whipping cream, I searched to find how to make my own Cool Whip a few months ago.  Unfortunately, I can't remember who to give credit to for this recipe.

Ingredients:
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar or more to taste
2 tsp vanilla

It is best to start off with cold beaters and mixing bowl.  I put mine in the freezer for a about 15 minutes before beginning.  Pour the cream into a medium size bowl and whip the heavy cream for about 3-5 minutes on high with mixer, until thick and peaks start forming.   I immediately stopped right before 5 minutes, as I didn't want to make butter!


Then, gently stir in the powdered sugar and vanilla.  It should resemble the texture of Cool Whip, light and fluffy.  The recipe yields about 3 cups.  I had enough (2 cups) called for a  recipe & some extra on the side to do something with for a different recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...